I'm sorry that nobody has cared about your bug yet. I would need more
information about this bug. Can you please tell us your current Ubuntu
version / GIMP version? If you are still affected, provide us with a new
screenshot. Thank you very much!

** Changed in: gimp (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gimp in Ubuntu.

  Cannot move side bars when in window mode / barely moved when
  maximized

Status in “gimp” package in Ubuntu:

  Fresh install of Ubuntu 11.10 / Fresh install of Gimp.

  Loaded the first time, and could not move the side bars which hold all
  the later / icon information. The "Close / Move / Etc" bars are at the
  top of the windows, and that is being covered by the un-right
  clickable un-moveable un-hideable "Tool" bar. Had to maximize the
  whole program and then I was able to grab 3 pixels worth of side tool
  bars and move them around and re-size it so they are not covered any
  more.

  Overall Problem: Bring back quick access to hide / move that dumb tool
  bar up top. The side bar has the ability to slide away and we do not
  see it. However you stick us with that useless bar on the top.

  Ubuntu: 11.10
  Gimp: 2.6.11-2ubuntu4

  Installed / Updated Yesterday (2-2-12)

  Package: gimp 2.6.11-2ubuntu4
  Uname: Linux 3.0.0-15-generic i686
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu4
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Fri Feb  3 08:50:49 2012
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric Ocelot" - Release i386 (20111012)
  ProcEnviron:
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash