Jochen Heuer, this bug was reported a while ago and there hasn't been
any activity in it recently. We were wondering if this is still an
issue? If so, could you please test for this with the latest development
release of Ubuntu? ISO images are available from
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/ .

If it remains an issue, could you please run the following command in
the development release from a Terminal
(Applications->Accessories->Terminal), as it will automatically gather
and attach updated debug information to this report:

apport-collect -p xserver-xorg-video-ati REPLACE-WITH-BUG-NUMBER

Please note, given that the information from the prior release is
already available, doing this on a release prior to the development one
would not be helpful.

Thank you for your understanding.

Helpful bug reporting tips:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReportingBugs

** Changed in: xserver-xorg-video-ati (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: xserver-xorg-video-ati (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-ati in Ubuntu.

  X starts but no screen is shown / no cursor

Status in “xserver-xorg-video-ati” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: xorg

  Running Ubuntu 9.10 everything worked without problem. After upgrading
  to Ubuntu 10.04 I don't see the splash screen and X does not display
  *anything*. When I log in from a remote system I see that X is
  running.

  But there is nothing displayed. The second monitor (dvi) is in dpms
  off state while the first monitor (analog) is black but not in dpms
  off.

  I am running a Radeon 5750.

  Package: xorg 1:7.5+5ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.32-24.39-generic 2.6.32.15+drm33.5
  Uname: Linux 2.6.32-24-generic i686
  Architecture: i386