I found that when I switched to GNOME my mouse worked but without a cursor,
I was able to overcome that problem with some instructions I found on the
WEB, also I could not load gmail on Chrome, I overcame that by disabling
the version spoofer extension I had to loaded for the Linus Silverlight
applet I use for Netflix to work.

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 10:09 AM, Petr <peter.ossi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Oddly, the problem seems to have gone away after some updates and a
> switch to GNOME 3.10.1.
>
> I will switch to that later,  if not using chrome does not work. Though
> I have not been using Chrome today and have not had any freezes today,
> which happen a few times a day usually.
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1184451
>
> Title:
>   Ubuntu 13.10 random screen freeze while Normal OS activites
>
> Status in “xorg-server” package in Ubuntu:
>   Incomplete
>
> Bug description:
>   I have recently, re-installed fresh ubuntu 13.10 distribution release.
>   But everything worked fine. until recently i had strange problem of my
> display screen getting freezed randomly; but no response to either
> mouse/keyboard.
>   But i want to point it out; it happens randomly and is not specific ?
>   Other day, i had music player playing in background, but screen freezed.
> but my music was still running.
>   Kindly note, i used multiple monitor setup and same issue of screen
> freeze also cropped up.
>
>   I,am not sure, whether it is bug ?
>
>   thanks for the expertise support.
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg-server in Ubuntu.