Please reply if this is still an issue on a supported release.

** Changed in: compiz
       Status: New => Invalid

** Changed in: pm-utils (Ubuntu)
       Status: New => Invalid

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to pm-utils in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/689163

Title:
  Hibernation failing with Stack Trace when running VirtualBox

Status in Compiz:
  Invalid
Status in AMD fglrx video driver:
  New
Status in pm-utils:
  New
Status in Virtualbox:
  New
Status in “pm-utils” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: pm-utils

  1)

  linards@linards-desktop:~$ lsb_release -rd
  Description:  Ubuntu 10.10
  Release:      10.10

  2)

  linards@linards-desktop:~$ apt-cache policy virtualbox-3.2
  virtualbox-3.2:
    Installed: 3.2.12-68302~Ubuntu~maverick
    Candidate: 3.2.12-68302~Ubuntu~maverick
    Version table:
   *** 3.2.12-68302~Ubuntu~maverick 0
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  linards@linards-desktop:~$ apt-cache policy fglrx
  fglrx:
    Installed: 2:8.780-0ubuntu2
    Candidate: 2:8.780-0ubuntu2
    Version table:
   *** 2:8.780-0ubuntu2 0
          500 http://lv.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ maverick/restricted i386 
Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  3) I expected to have prompt that VirtualBox is still running and it needs 
attention / force quite.
  4) Instead, I get straight-forwared shutdown procedure with terminal error - 
stack trace.

  After I get this issue yesterdays night, I decided to leave PC running
  and in this morning, while I set up this bug report, take picture with
  my phone and attach it here. Unfortunately - when I get back to PC
  this morning - all info from screen was gone. It seemed like
  screensaver would be launched ..

  5) Also few notes:

  I am running PC on AMD HD 5750 with dual monitors;
  I was ruinning Emabrcadero RAD Stuidio XE on Guest OS - WIndows XP SP3 with 
latest updates and all acceleration available;
  I have patched my kernel with cgroup_patch, provided by script from 
http://www.webupd8.org/2010/11/script-to-automatically-apply-200-lines.html

  6) Attaching VBox log ; Fglrx log ; X Config ...

  ---

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 10.10
  Package: pm-utils 1.4.1-3
  Uname: Linux 2.6.36-020636-generic i686
  NonfreeKernelModules: fglrx
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Sun Dec 12 08:00:09 2010
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.04 LTS "Lucid Lynx" - Release i386 (20100429)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  ProcEnviron:
   LANG=en_ZA.utf8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: pm-utils

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/compiz/+bug/689163/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to