CurrentDesktop: Unity
Date: Sat Mar 29 17:40:43 2014
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS "Trusty Tahr" - Beta amd64 (20140326)
PackageArchitecture: all
SourcePackage: software-center

** Affects: software-center (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug trusty

** Attachment added: "syslog"
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1299509/+attachment/4051186/+files/syslog

Packages, which is subscribed to software-center in Ubuntu.

  freeze while installing package

Status in “software-center” package in Ubuntu:

  While installing "Ubuntu restricted extras",  the software  center
  window became completely unresponsive, as evidenced by the window
  manager rendering its window to gray scale. Although I've waited for
  over 30 minutes, the progress bar remains stuck at about 60%.

  I've included the relevant part of my syslog.

  In the hanging state the main software-center process had 7 child
  software-center processes and 1 debconf-communi process.

  Package: software-center 13.10-0ubuntu3
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Sat Mar 29 17:40:43 2014