No, it shouldn't.  It generally isn't a good idea to change uids in the
first place, and certainly not while logged in.  If you do, then the
change does not take affect until you log out and back in anyhow, and
any permissions in the filesystem will not be updated unless you update
them.

** Changed in: udisks2 (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to udisks2 in Ubuntu.

  udisks does not update permissions on /media/<username> directory
  after uid change

Status in “udisks2” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I am using a just updated copy of 14.04. The version of the udisks2
  package is 2.1.3-1.

  I changed the UID of a user on my system from 1001 to something else.
  After the change, the ACL permissions on /media/<username> still
  reflected the old UID. After I deleted the directory and inserted a
  usb thumbdrive, the directory was recreated with the correct acl
  permissions.

  ACLs after UID change but before removing the directory:
  $ getfacl /media/rat
  # file: media/rat
  # owner: root
  # group: root
  user::rwx
  user:1001:r-x
  group::---
  mask::r-x
  other::---

  After removing the dir, inserting a thumb drive, and then removing the thumb
drive:
  $ getfacl /media/rat
  # file: media/rat
  # owner: root
  # group: root
  user::rwx
  user:rat:r-x
  group::---
  mask::r-x
  other::---

  Since udisks controls the /media directory, shouldn't it just verify
  and update the permissions of the directory?