I confirm the freeze when using the touchpad and the nVidia GPU on my
nVidia Optimus laptop (specifications below). I thus went to nvidia-
settings and selected "Intel (Power Saving Mode)" in the "PRIME
Profiles". Now, "prime-select query" prints "intel", the bug does not
bother me any more, and the laptop has far more battery life.

Hardware
-------------
Lenovo ThinkPad T420s (4173-P41), see http://projektneptun.com/339.html

$ grep -i touchpad /proc/bus/input/devices
N: Name="SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad"

$ lspci | grep VGA
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core
Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GF119M [NVS 4200M] (rev
ff)

Software
------------
Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS, 64 bit
linux-generic kernel 3.13.0-32-generic

$ apt-show-versions nvidia-prime nvidia-331 nvidia-settings
ubuntu-drivers-common bbswitch-dkms libvdpau1
bbswitch-dkms:amd64/trusty 0.7-2ubuntu1 uptodate
libvdpau1:amd64/trusty 0.7-1 uptodate
nvidia-331:amd64/trusty-updates 331.38-0ubuntu7.1 uptodate
nvidia-prime:amd64/trusty 0.6.2 uptodate
nvidia-settings:amd64/trusty 331.20-0ubuntu8 uptodate
ubuntu-drivers-common:amd64/trusty-updates 1:0.2.91.7 uptodate

Packages, which is subscribed to nvidia-prime in Ubuntu.

  [nvidia-prime]Freeze while using touchpad

Status in “nvidia-graphics-drivers-319” package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in “nvidia-graphics-drivers-331” package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in “nvidia-graphics-drivers-343” package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in “nvidia-prime” package in Ubuntu:

  I'm using an Optimus laptop (Asus N43SL)
  nvidia-prime is installed, so my nvidia dedicated graphics card (GT 540m) is
in use.

  Once in a while, my screen will freeze, only when I use my touchpad.
  This does not happen with my USB mouse.
  This does not happen either when I uninstall nvidia-prime and use my intel
integrated graphics (HD3000).

  I can temporarily solve the issue by doing a VT switch.

  In the attached Xorg.0.log, you can see "synaptics: ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad:
touchpad found" each time I did a VT switch and regained control.