Official support for Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" has ended.  Is this
bug still occurring on Ubuntu 14.10 "Utopic Unicorn" with Firefox 34?

** Changed in: firefox (Ubuntu)

  Firefox 4.0 addons page very slow

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  Every time I open and/or scroll about:addons page system becomes
unresponsible for about 5-10 seconds.
  Through conky I see that Xorg takes all CPU resources.
  I tried:
  - removing ~/.mozilla ,
  - downloading official build of firefox 4.0,
  - force disabling and force enabling WebGL,
  - disabling/enabling some compiz plugins,
  - deleting libmoon (which is incompatible with 4.0 at this moment)
  - exporting MOZ_DISABLE_PANGO=1 before starting firefox (advice from old
bugreports)
  and nothing helped.
  The problem disappears right after I close addons page. But it also takes
about 3-4 seconds to close the page.
  I have something about 30 addons in total (without them problem still exists).
  I believe it may be somehow connected to the usage of nouveau drivers (I have
Nvidia GeForce FX5200 GPU).

  Release: Ubuntu Natty 11.04 (development branch)
  firefox: 4.0+nobinonly-0ubuntu1
  unity: 3.8.8-0ubuntu2
  xorg: 1:7.6+4ubuntu3
  compiz:1:0.9.4+bzr20110415-0ubuntu1
  uname -a: 2.6.38-8-generic #42-Ubuntu SMP Mon Apr 11 03:31:50 UTC 2011 i686
i686 i386 GNU/Linux