I deleted the Thunderbird settings and it's working again.

Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird in Ubuntu.

  Thunderbird quits on start in Xubuntu 11.10

Status in “thunderbird” package in Ubuntu:

  I've removed and reinstalled Thunderbird to try to correct this, but
  it remains broken.

  Immediately after installing Xubuntu 11.10, I was then able to open
  Thunderbird, but was unable to import my settings from my Evolution
  backup. I installed Evolution, but still could not import into
  Thunderbird from Evolution. I followed the instructions here
  http://support.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/kb/switching-
  thunderbird?s=import&as=s to manually copy from Evolution to
  Thunderbird, and Thunderbird stopped working after this.

  It would open a menu to ask if Thunderbird should be the default email
  application and/or a few other functions. And then it would quite
  every time. Another user recommended deleting Thunderbird and
  reinstalling it, without re-copying the Evolution mailboxes, but the
  same behavior has persisted after the reinstall.

  Steps to reproduce: I wouldn't recommend this, but follow the
  instructions above for importing Evolution settings into Thunderbird,
  and see if Thunderbird survives.