I tried to use apport-retrace but I didn't know which argument to pass.
If I passed the crash file at /var/crash then it attempted to download
some files and then nothing else happened.

  Nautilus (and other apps) force-close unless run as root

Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:

  After I upgraded from Ubuntu 14.10 to Ubuntu 15.04, I have been noting
stability problems of many applications. They force-close randomly or when I
trigger certain actions. Some of this apps include nautilus, gnome-maps, nemo,
gnome-control-center, evolution, and others that I may not know of.
  I have checked dmesg and syslog and I can see that all of the crashes report
a segmentation fault, something about 0 ip and error 14. Below you can see some
example dmesg lines:

  gnome-control-c[3930]: segfault at 0 ip           (null) sp
  00007fffcbccb708 error 14 in gnome-control-center.real[400000+3aa000]

  nemo[5773]: segfault at 0 ip           (null) sp 00007fff9ae1d118
  error 14 in nemo[400000+183000]

  gnome-maps[5811]: segfault at 0 ip           (null) sp
  00007fff32111558 error 14 in gnome-maps[400000+3f000]

  In this 3 examples, all I did was:
  In ...
  gnome-control-center: I unlocked with my password the users section
  nemo: I just navigated to some folders and let the application alone, then it
crashed after a minute
  gnome-maps: I tried to get directions

  This was not happening before the system upgrade.

  Package: nautilus 1:3.14.2-0ubuntu9
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.16.0-29.39-generic 3.16.7-ckt2
  Uname: Linux 3.16.0-29-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: wl nvidia
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME