@aron, yes, it is true that Mozc conversion engine is the *best* for Japanese
input.
I always use Mozc instead of Anthy.
Mozc is default conversion engine on Ubuntu Japanese Remix which is our team is
released.
Anthy is stopped to develop for a long time.

But I think it is hard to pass MIR because Mozc has a lot of dependency.
http://packages.ubuntu.com/source/wily/mozc

So I think libkkc is *better* than Anthy and it is not difficult to pass MIR
rather than Mozc.
http://packages.ubuntu.com/source/wily/libkkc

fcitx-kkc is now in menters.debian.net as you know.
https://mentors.debian.net/package/fcitx-kkc

Thanks,

Packages, which is subscribed to language-selector in Ubuntu.

  Install Fcitx for Japanese users

Status in im-config package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in language-selector package in Ubuntu:

  According to my proposal [1], Fcitx should be default for Japanese uses on
Vivid release cycle.
  https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-desktop/2015-March/004645.html

  Ref: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/language-
  selector/+bug/1430893