> With those changes, im-config (and gnome-language-selector) will
default to IBus in Ubuntu GNOME.

Hi, I've tested the packages from the PPA under Xenial's gnome-flashback, and
now I got ibus running by default.
And it again breaks keyboard layout switching with the default Win+Space, so I
can't type in Greek (LP: #1481025).

Why can't im-config default to ibus in locales that need it, and to None in
locales that don't need it, as it did in previous Ubuntu releases?
Apart from the serious problems that it's causing, it's also wasting a lot of
MB RAM per user, which is completely unacceptable for multi-user systems like
LTSP.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-session in Ubuntu.

  "Region & Language" settings should allow you to set keyboard input
  method system

Status in Ubuntu GNOME:
  Invalid
Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in gnome-session package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in im-config package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in language-selector package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  In the gnome-language-selector one is able to set the "Keyboard input
  method system". For instance on my system I can either set it to
  "none", "IBus", or "fcitx". However there is no such option in the
  gnome-control-center's Region & Language section, though I think that
  there should be.