Could you plesae run apport-collect 1626005 so I can get some hardware
info?

Thanks.

Packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  X220 in dock doesn't mute external speakers when headphones connected

Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu:

  This worked in 14.04, and now "doesn't" in 16.04.

  Steps to reproduce:

  Have external speakers connected via the 3.5mm jack on the docking station
and have the computer docked.
  Listen to some music.
  Notice that it's coming out of the external speakers.
  Plug headphones in to the 3.5mm jack on the laptop itself.
  Notice that music comes from the external speakers *and* the headphones.
  In the past the external speakers would have muted (I am 99% sure this is the
case, but I will test with a live 14.04 image and report back) and the audio
would have only come out of the headphones.

  I note that in the sound settings panel the external speakers are
  identified as "Headphones".