Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: xfwm4 (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to unity-settings-daemon in Ubuntu.

  Cannot set right monitor as primary in dual monitor configuration

Status in unity-settings-daemon package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in xfwm4 package in Ubuntu:

  Unity always considers the left monitor as the default/primary one when in a
dual-monitor configuration. By this I mean that:
  - Desktop icons appear only on the left monitor
  - An opened app (eg libreoffice writer) is opened on the left screen, even if
I launch it via the launcher on the right monitor

  The current configuration can be seen at

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll86/wild_oscar/Screenshotfrom2015-02-24100853.png

  The .config/monitors.xml file is shown below. Notice that the HDMI
  display (green in the photo) is set as    <primary>yes</primary>.
  Nevertheless, this seems to be ignored - the behaviour is the one
  mentioned above (desktop icons on the left and writer opening on the
  left) .

  <monitors version="1">
    <configuration>
        <clone>no</clone>