Public bug reported:

When trying to connect to wifi network, network-manager remains blocked
in waiting for authentification state then fails after cca 1min. This
started to happen after I updated to kubuntu 16.10.

Stopping network manager from service and trying to manually connect
with wpa_supplicant works fine.

The only way to fix this for me was to stop network manager and/or
networking and restart the services sometimes more than once.

os: Kubuntu 16.10
network-manager: 1.2.4
hardware: dell xps 9550
network controller: BCM43602

** Affects: network-manager (Ubuntu)

  network-manager does not connect to wifi

Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu: