The verification of the Stable Release Update for gnome-software has
completed successfully and the package has now been released to
-updates.  Subsequently, the Ubuntu Stable Release Updates Team is being
unsubscribed and will not receive messages about this bug report.  In
the event that you encounter a regression using the package from
-updates please report a new bug using ubuntu-bug and tag the bug report
regression-update so we can easily find any regressions.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-software in Ubuntu.

  gnome-software wants to upgrade held packages

Status in One Hundred Papercuts:
Status in gnome-software package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in gnome-software source package in Xenial:
  Fix Released
Status in gnome-software source package in Yakkety:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  GNOME Software shows .deb packages marked as held as updatable.

  [Test Case]
  1. Hold a package that is available for update, e.g.
  $ sudo apt-mark hold gnome-calculator
  2. Open GNOME Software
  3. Click on Updates tab

  Expected result:
  Held package(s) are not shown

  Observed result:
  Held package(s) are shown

  [Regression potential]
  Low. We now just check the Apt flag for held packages.