Note that your Dependencies.txt reports at least one file looks
different than expected:

libgbm1 10.1.3-0ubuntu0.6 [modified: usr/lib/i386-linux-
gnu/libgbm.so.1.0.0]

sudo apt-get install --reinstall libgbm1 would probably be a good idea.

It might not hurt to run sudo debsums -c and see what other files from
packages may be corrupted.

Thanks

Packages, which is subscribed to totem in Ubuntu.

  totem video player will not start, I have tried re-installing but no
  luck

Status in totem package in Ubuntu:

  totem video player will not start, I have tried un-installing and re-
  installing but no luck. Have tried updating after re-installation,
  still won't open, must have removed an important part of it by
  accident when purging the system to get rid of another failed
  installation of something else...

  Package: totem 3.10.1-1ubuntu4
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.4.0-47.68~14.04.1-generic 4.4.24
  Uname: Linux 4.4.0-47-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3.21
  Architecture: i386
  CurrentDesktop: Unity