Still the same problem with flatpak-0.8.0-1 and gnome-software-plugin-
flatpak-3.22.2+git20161108.0.a58dfc7-0ubuntu5.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-software in Ubuntu.

  Zesty: gnome-software crashes on start if gnome-software-plugin-
  flatpak is installed

Status in Ubuntu GNOME:
  New
Status in gnome-software package in Ubuntu:

  What Happens
  ============
  * From Ubuntu 17.04 Alpha, install gnome-software-plugin-flatpak

  gnome-software will now refuse to start.

  * When I run it from the command line, I get this output:

  I kill all running instances of gnome-software before starting it:
  $ pkill gnome-software
  $ gnome-software
  06:15:12:0290 GLib-GObject cannot register existing type 'GsFlatpak'
  06:15:12:0290 GLib g_once_init_leave: assertion 'result != 0' failed
  06:15:12:0290 GLib-GObject g_object_new: assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT
(object_type)' failed

  I am unable to reproduce this crash on Debian. Installing gnome-
  software-plugin-flatpak there works fine.

  If we can't fix this, I believe we have no choice but to disable the
  Flatpak plugin. Installing something from the Ubuntu archives can't be
  allowed to break such a critical app.

  Other things I've tried