I can add a patch to the Debian package, yes.

Actually, it's already done for a very similar issue, see
https://anonscm.debian.org/git/pkg-openoffice/libreoffice-
dictionaries.git/commit/debian/patches?id=599eefaee32d3cdfba19f7394ef240386a44c32a
- there I clearly failed in upstreaming it, so before applying such
patch I'd like to see the issue brought to the right upstream, or if
none is found (the link Gunnar pasted leads to what seems to be a dead
end to me) to the TDF bug tracker.

Packages, which is subscribed to libreoffice-dictionaries in Ubuntu.

  bg_BG uses wrong encoding

Status in libreoffice-dictionaries package in Ubuntu:

  for the Bulgarian Dictionary,

  SET microsoft-cp1251

  needs to be changed to:

  SET cp1251

  Unless you want to use UTF-8?

  https://github.com/hunspell/hunspell/issues/458#issuecomment-288843786

  any other (upstream) packages where a bug needs to be filed?