This bug still exists but really curious on Kubuntu 16.04 and after upgrade on
16.10.
This bug exists first at login screen, thats mean, if you have an encrypted
ubuntu system with passphrase required at boot time. At boot time the external
logitech keyboard with german layout and unifying receiver works fine with
german layout like the internal laptop keyboard. But at login screen the
external keyboard changed to us layout, the internal keyboard not!

And now it would be extremly strange. After a time between 5 and 90
minutes working with the wrong layout on the external logitech keyboard,
the external keyboard changes to the german layout themself! And until
reboot the external keyboard keep the german layout.

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg-server in Ubuntu.

  [master] system keyboard layout not honored

Status in sddm package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in xorg-server package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in sddm package in Mandriva:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  I'm on a fresh install of Kubuntu:
  Release:        15.04

  I chose German as installation language, de with nodeadkeys as
  keyboard and locale is set to de_DE.UTF-8.

  The console uses the correct keyboard, however when logging into sddm,
  the keyboard layout is set to US.

  SDDM doesn't seem to honour the keyboard configured during
  installation.

  SDDM installed is:
  ddm:
    Installiert:           0.11.0-0ubuntu10
    Installationskandidat: 0.11.0-0ubuntu10
    Versionstabelle:
   *** 0.11.0-0ubuntu10 0
          500 http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ vivid/universe amd64 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  I believe it's a bug since the keyboard layout at login window after
  installing as described above should be the default system one, german
  in the above case.

  I have tried all sorts of ways (including some ugly hacks) to get this
  resolved on a previous installation but didn't find a way. Considering
  the many moving parts to get the login manager up and running, I'm
  aware this might be filed against the wrong package. It might even be
  an installer bug.

  Thanks!