> Why would you want to run Math separately?

I personally wouldn't, but it might be a valid use case for some users.
It feels a bit harsh to be hiding the application from them.

> You could move the .desktop and appstream metadata for LibreOffice Math
> into a separate binary package installable from the GNOME Software app.

If I understand correctly, the intent is that users who really want Math will
go and install that package from the GNOME Software app, thinking that they are
installing the actual application when in fact they are merely adding a desktop
file for the already installed app?
That sounds like a clumsy hack, not a real solution (and additional
maintenance).

> But once again, I'm not sure people care that much to want to run
> LO Math separately instead of from inside LO Writer or whatever app
> they want the formula in.

Ideally we would gather some stats on that kind of usage before making a
decision. Given the potentially low impact though, I don't mind going
the NoDisplay=true route and see how that goes for users.

> If you want custom search results, you could write a GNOME Shell
> search provider. I think it's overkill here though.

Definitely overkill here.

  Please hide Start Center and Math

Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu:

  From GNOME Shell, open the Applications Overview and click the Show
  Applications button to see the list of apps. Currently, LibreOffice
  takes up a whole row on my computer (6 icons) which seems excessive
  with GNOME Shell's current design.

  I suggest that we do like Fedora and hide the LibreOffice Start Center
  and LibreOffice Math.

  Instead of opening a Start Center, it makes more sense for a user to
  just open the app they want directly.

  I don't think users want to create a mathematical formula just to
  create one, but to insert into a document so it makes more sense to
  start Math from within the other app.