[Expired for pulseaudio (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for
60 days.]

** Changed in: pulseaudio (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  cant record in gnome-sound-recorder, cant play sound in skype

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  When I upgraded from hardy intrepid my Skype stopped working.
  I also lost the ability to record sound in gnome-sound-recorder but I can
still play audio through totem and most other FLOSS apps.

  If I follow these steps I can talk to people on Skype again and record sound
in g-s-r:
  $ killall pulseaudio
  $ sudo apt-get remove pulseaudio
  $ aptitude install esound
  $ remove /etc/X11/Xsession.d/70pulseaudio

  ---

  Just now I booted the Feb 3rd 2009 jaunty live CD on this box and it's
  the same as intrepid. Can't record in g-s-r and if I install Skype,
  then Skype fails to even playback sound even though totem can play
  sound.

  I'm attaching a copy of alsa-info.txt which I captured using the
  jaunty live CD before installing Skype or messing with any settings.