I don't think this is Fix Released. I don't have the Deb installed at
the moment (and my Internet is too slow to download it within any
reasonable length of time) but I thought the dialogue with the Deb
packaged version was much easier to use (folder buttons to navigate, not
a directory text field, links to common locations by default etc)

** Attachment added: "Screenshot from 2017-07-26 21-52-39.png"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice/+bug/1665112/+attachment/4921983/+files/Screenshot%20from%202017-07-26%2021-52-39.png

  [Snap] Open/Save dialogue not easy-to-use

Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu:

  In the Deb package, LibreOffice uses the Nautilus/Nautilus-style
  Open/Save/ dialogue with a clickable directory bar and all your
  bookmarks from Nautilus. In the Snap package, it has a text-based
  directory bar, doesn't use you Nautilus bookmarks and doesn't use the
  native theming.

  Maybe it would be hard to integrate the Snap version of LibreOffice
  properly but this is still a usability bug and needs to be fixed, even
  if this has to be fixed on Snapcraft's end rather than the LibreOffice
  Snap's end.