same problem also installing from the daily dated 20170731.
let me know if i can send some other data (syslog, installer syslog ...)
I have installed from daily dated 20170731 and than nothing done to have a
clean situation.

this is the home folder as installed from ISO Ubuntu 17.10 "Artful
Aardvark" - Alpha amd64 (20170725)

corrado@corrado-HP-aa-0725:~$ ls -a
.              .bashrc  examples.desktop  .mozilla
..             .cache   .gnupg            .profile
.bash_history  .config  .ICEauthority     .ssh
.bash_logout   Desktop  .local            .sudo_as_admin_successful
corrado@corrado-HP-aa-0725:~$ ls .config -a
.   dconf    eog        gedit        gnome-session  gtk-3.0  nautilus
..  enchant  evolution  gnome-games  goa-1.0        ibus     pulse
corrado@corrado-HP-aa-0725:~$

  'new document' option missing on right click

Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:

  right click on window of a folder does not show 'new document' also if
/home/templates is populated. .config/user-dirs.dirs does not exist.
  also other files/folders are missing in /home.

  Package: nautilus 1:3.24.1-0ubuntu5
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME