Ubuntu GNOME 16.04.3
gnome-software 3.20.5-0ubuntu0.16.04.5

Impact
------

Test Case
---------
Visit https://www.google.com/chrome/ in Firefox and download Chrome.
Open with "Software Install"
The Ubuntu/GNOME Software app should start and show you a basic page about
Google Chrome
Click Install.
Google Chrome should install itself

What Happens
------------
The Install page does show up.
After clicking the Install button, the button changes to Installing for a few
seconds and then changes back to Install.
Google Chrome is not installed.
There is no PolicyKit authentication prompt to install software.

Other Info
----------
I am setting the importance of this bug to critical according to #7 of
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates#Procedure

** Affects: gnome-software (Ubuntu)

** Tags: regression-update xenial

** Summary changed:

- GNOME Software on Xenial doesn't install 3rd party deb's, doesn't prompt for
authentication
+ GNOME Software 3.20.5 doesn't install 3rd party deb's, doesn't prompt for
authentication

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-software in Ubuntu.

  GNOME Software 3.20.5 doesn't install 3rd party deb's, doesn't prompt
  for authentication

Status in gnome-software package in Ubuntu: