@Jeremy

1)

I only removed unity specific gsettings overrides from ubuntu-settings.

Is there any specific reason to carry unity specific gsettings overrides
in ubuntu-settings? Unity is not a default desktop anymore  nor it is
installed in the default live iso.

2)

We carry unity specific gsettings overrides in unity-settings and make
unity-session depends on unity-settings. That way Ubuntu and Unity
remain separate without overlapping.

3)

And as you said we also want to decouple unity-session from gnome-
session so two pieces code remains separate.

It will easier for us to maintain unity if we keep these separated from
one another.

Packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-settings in Ubuntu.

  Decouple unity related settings as unity-settings

Status in ubuntu-settings package in Ubuntu:

  This is an attempt to resolve "* Shared GSettings keys" issue listed
  under https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Unity/NotDefaultIssues.

  Ubuntu so far is providing session related overrides for both ubuntu &
  unity sessions in a single package, i.e. ubuntu-settings. But now that
  Unity is not the default desktop it doesn't make any sense to carry
  unity related overrides in ubuntu-settings.

  For this purpose I have created a new project: unity-settings
  (https://code.launchpad.net/~khurshid-alam/unity-settings/trunk) and
  the binary would be unity-settings in universe.

  To make this happen in under 18.04 cycle, the work-flow should be:

  1) Have unity-settings in the universe
  2) Have ubuntu-unity-desktop in the universe
  3) Let ubuntu-unity-desktop depends on unity-settings
  4) Drop unity related settings in ubuntu-settings (merge request in-progress)