[Expired for rhythmbox (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for
60 days.]

** Changed in: rhythmbox (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to rhythmbox in Ubuntu.

  Rhythmbox crashed when I added to a large Play Queue

Status in rhythmbox package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  Rhythmbox just crashed on my Ubuntu 14.04 system on a Dell GX620. The Dell
mimitower has the  integrated sound and 4 GB RAM.
  The action that apparently provoked the crash was: I dragged and dropped
three files from the Music list (in the main pane) onto the Play Queue icon (in
the left pane). It was playing (not paused) at the time. Earlier in the day, I
had pointed rhythmbox to my audio directory (in Preferences). RB had finished
adding the tracks to the Music list. But afterward, I had made a few changes in
some of the subdirectories of my audio directory.

  At the time, Chromium was using a great deal of RAM, and tabs were
  open which had played video with sound.

  After the music stopped, apport displayed that there was not enough
  free memory to analyze and report the crash. System Monitor showed
  over 2 GB free.

  I realize my usage is a little extreme:

   - System monitor showed the rhythmbox process was using 255 MB of memory
before apport killed it.

   - My audio directory contains over 50,000 tracks

   - There were 125 tracks in the Play Queue at the time. I had dragged and
dropped them there, one at a time or a few at a time, from the Music list.

  lsb -rd           sez:
  Release:      14.04

  apt-cache policy rhythmbox      sez:
  rhythmbox: