Thank you for filing this bug. I tried to reproduce it in Xenial, but it
seems this behavior is no longer happening and very likely is already
fixed, so I'm closing this bug as invalid. This is also a duplicate of
683725.

** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)

  USB format opens two nautilus windows

Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: parted

  Sorry that i reported this to parted, i don't know even if this is "parted"
related.
  This is a general error which is present for a long time. When you format USB
(the one that displays in desktop) with Right Click , Format, after format it
opens two nautilus windows.

  Sorry if this is duplicate but i couldn't find it.

  Package: parted 2.2-5ubuntu5.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.32-25.45-generic 2.6.32.21+drm33.7
  Date: Tue Dec  7 23:05:36 2010
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.04 LTS "Lucid Lynx" - Release amd64 (20100429)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANG=en_US.utf8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: parted