Thank you for filing this bug. I tried to reproduce it in Xenial, but it
seems this behavior is no longer happening and very likely is already
fixed, so I'm closing this bug as invalid. This is also a duplicate of
686780.

** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)

  When I format an usb key, after remount it opens the empty device
  twice.

Status in One Hundred Papercuts:
  Confirmed
Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in parted package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  When I plug an usb device and I format it through right click format, after
the task is done, it remounts the device and open the empty device in nautilus
twice.
  It should open only once.
  It could not open at all because if we want to use the usb key to run "create
a startup disk" it is no use and if we need to put files in it, we only have to
double click the icon on the desktop to open the device.