Khurshid, I apologize for changing this bug without adding a comment to
explain myself.

This bug has block-proposed set which is the only thing preventing those
NM addons to land in bionic. However, it also was preventing unrelated
bug fixes to gnome-shell to land in bionic today.

I will be uploading unity-control-center within a few days as part of
the gnoem-desktop3 transition so I removed that task temporarily. We
could add it back now if you want or we can wait for these transitions
to finish first.

But yes, it would be nice if unity-control-center would be updated to
not require libnm-glib in time for 18.04.

Packages, which is subscribed to network-manager-pptp in Ubuntu.

  Transitioning GNOME away from libnm-glib

Status in network-manager-iodine package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in network-manager-l2tp package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in network-manager-openvpn package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in network-manager-pptp package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in network-manager-vpnc package in Ubuntu:

  Debian has dropped libnm-glib support from most of its VPN plugins.

  We need to cherry-pick the gnome-shell 3.26.2-4 changes for gnome-
  shell to properly interact with VPNs.

  unity-control-center will need to be ported away from libnm-glib for
  it to display VPNs.

  The only other known affected desktop is Cinnamon which has fixes
  "pending"

  Here's the Debian transition bug:

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?users=pkg-utopia-maintain...@lists.alioth.debian.org;tag=libnm

  At first look, KDE Plasma did not seem to be hurt by the libnm-glib
  support removal, but Kubuntu should probably check more closely.

  I am filing this bug to coordinate this transition and keep the VPN
  plugins in -proposed until we at least update gnome-shell.