Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu
better. We are sorry that we do not always have the capacity to look at all
reported bugs in a timely manner. There have been many changes in Ubuntu since
that time you reported the bug and your problem may have been fixed with some
of the updates. It would help us a lot if you could test it on a currently
supported Ubuntu version. When you test it and it is still an issue, kindly
upload the updated logs by running only once:
apport-collect 879513

and any other logs that are relevant for this particular issue.

** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)

  nautilus keeps active window status when it shouldn't

Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:

  Expected behaviour:
  - Open gedit so that it is active on your workspace (my tests show no opened
file is needed but gedit needs to already be open)
  - In the folder window press enter to open a text document
  - Wait for gedit to become the active window
  - Press ctrl+f to search for text and perform over keyboard commands on gedit

  Actual Behaviour:

  Nautilus keeps the active window status even though gedit may be
  completely full screen. Any key commands pressed go to nautilus even
  though the window it hiding behind the now full screen application.

  gedit is just the example, it could be any application not opened with
  the mouse. It seems that because no mouse input is received the new
  window whatever it may be never becomes the active window. This is
  wrong, the application that is launched by pressing the enter button
  should also become active not just for mouse clickers.