** Changed in: firefox

  middle button to open a new tab

Status in Mozilla Firefox:
  Unknown
Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: firefox-3.0

  1- If you left-click on the dropdown button to the left of the URL
  bar, and then click on an URL, you're taken to that address.

  2 - If you click on the button, then MIDDLE-CLICK on the URL, firefox
  opens it on a new tab.

  Something I usually do is clicking the dropdown button and keep
  pressed, then release the button when I'm  over the desired URL that
  allows me to perform operation no.1 with just one click.

  I would like to be able to perform operation no.2 with just one click
  too, that is, MIDDLE-CLICKING the dropdown button and keep pressed,
  then release when I'm  over the desired URL to open it on a new tab.
  But it seems middle-clicking the dropdown button has no effect at all.

  Steps to Reproduce:
  1. middle click and hold the dropdown history button at the right of the URL
bar

  Actual Results:
  nothing happens

  Expected Results:
  a. History shows (as if left mouse button was clicked).
  b. Pointer can be moved down to chosen URL in the history shown, while holding
  middle button.
  c. Releasing middle button at chosen URL opens URL in new tab.