Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better. We are sorry that we do not always have the capacity to
look at all reported bugs in a timely manner. There have been many
changes in Ubuntu since that time you reported the bug and your problem
may have been fixed with some of the updates. It would help us a lot if
you could test it on a currently supported Ubuntu version.
When you test it and it is still an issue, kindly upload the updated
logs by running only once:
apport-collect 1429897
and any other logs that are relevant for this particular issue.
** Changed in: firefox (Ubuntu)
Status: New => Incomplete
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to firefox in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1429897
Title:
Usability of 'save as' dialog broken for firefox in a Kubuntu 14.04.2
fresh install
Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:
Incomplete
Bug description:
When doing a 'save as' action the menu opens the folder I previously
saved in. But, when going up the chain of folders, in the folder I
happen to want to save, I cannot make a deselection of at least one of
the items in the folder, so as to save in that folder. That is a huge
usability problem.
Workarounds I have to use to save in the folder I want to, when coming up to
it
(e.g. save in /path/downloads/ when coming from
/path/downloads/previous_folder_I_saved_in/)
-choose create folder, type Esc to cancel, nothing is selected so I can save
in the folder
-go one more folder up the chain of folders, come back
What should happen:
-going up the chain of folders nothing is selected, or
-move mouse through empty area of the dialog box makes it so nothing is
selected
What happens if I don't notice the bad situation:
-the item in the current folder coming up that is being selected is a folder
and the item to save is saved in the selected folder, even though the intention
was to save in the current folder
-the item in the current folder coming up that is being selected is a file
and I get an overwrite prompt
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/1429897/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp