Hello Sunil,
Thank you for submitting this bug and reporting a problem with Evolution.

You made this bug report in 2012 and there have been several versions of
Ubuntu and Evolution since then.

Could you confirm that this is no longer a problem and that we can close the
ticket?
Or, if it is still a problem, could you run the following (only once):
apport-collect 973731

and upload the updated logs and and any other logs that are relevant for
this particular issue.

Thank you again for helping make Ubuntu and Evolution better.

** Changed in: evolution (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to evolution in Ubuntu.

  mbox import causes segmentation fault

Status in evolution package in Ubuntu:

  I've been importing some emails from Thunderbird to Evolution.  I have
  the mbox file from Thunderbird, but it's caused several segmentation
  faults.  At first I believed that this was happening because of the
  size of the file (~2.5GB), so I began cutting it up into smaller
  chunks.  I eventually realized that, since some of the chunks would
  import correctly, regardless of size, that the problem was something
  else.

  I'm still not sure what's causing the Segmentation Fault, but this
  single email cannot be imported into Evolution.  I'm attaching the
  mbox file for this email (with some information redacted).

  I'm certain that there were other emails that caused this problem too,
  but I have not isolated them yet.

  2)  evolution:
    Installed: 3.2.2-0ubuntu0.1
    Candidate: 3.2.2-0ubuntu0.1
    Version table:
   *** 3.2.2-0ubuntu0.1 0
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ oneiric-updates/main amd64
Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
       3.2.0-0ubuntu2 0
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ oneiric/main amd64 Packages

  3)  What I expected:  emails to be imported

  4)  What happened instead:  evolution crashed with the message
  "Segmentation fault (core dumped)"

  thanks!

  Sunil

  Package: evolution 3.2.2-0ubuntu0.1