Christopher,

We are sorry that we do not always have the capacity to review all
reported bugs in a timely manner. You reported this bug in 2011 and
there have been many changes in Ubuntu since that time.

Do you still see this problem in the currently supported releases of
Ubuntu and Firefox? Please let us know if you do.

If we do not hear from you the bug report will close itself in
approximately 60 days time.

Thank you for helping make Ubuntu better.

Paul White
[Ubuntu Bug Squad]

** Changed in: firefox (Ubuntu)

  Form history sometimes remembers credit card details

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  This isn't a bug report as such, but this is a potential security
  issue. Unfortunately, I don't know if there's an easy answer to this.

  I only use the internet for purchases sparingly, but I've noticed that
  on some web pages that remember credit/debit card details, Firefox
  remembers the card number and security code as form history - and
  also, depending on how the web page is designed, the expiry date. It's
  an easy matter to clear private data, but this isn't something a
  newbie is likely to think of doing. (Okay, I know that Ubuntu by
  default requires you to log in with a password before you can get
  anywhere near the data kept by Firefox, but I worry that if, say, a
  laptop was stolen, it wouldn't be too hard to by-pass the password
  protection and access this data.)

  I'm happy to give examples of web sites that behave this way, but I'd
  rather not leave it somewhere publicly accessible. (Is there an e-mail
  address I could privately send that?)

  Is there any way firefox can be set up to not remember credit card
  details you have entered by default?

  Package: firefox 5.0+build1+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.11.04.2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.38-8.42-generic 2.6.38.2
  Date: Fri Jun 24 16:14:11 2011
  FirefoxPackages:
   firefox 5.0+build1+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.11.04.2
   flashplugin-installer 10.3.181.26ubuntu0.11.04.1
   adobe-flashplugin N/A
   icedtea-plugin 1.1~20110420-0ubuntu1.1
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick Meerkat" - Release amd64 (20101007)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_GB:en
   LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: firefox
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to natty on 2011-05-08 (47 days ago)