Donald and anyone else affected,

We are sorry that we do not always have the capacity to review all
reported bugs in a timely manner. You reported this bug some time ago
and there have been many changes in Ubuntu since that time.

We would like to close this bug report but before we do we are asking do
you still see a problem related to the one that was reported? Please let
us know if you do.

If we do not hear from anyone the bug report will close itself in
approximately 60 days time.

Thank you for helping make Ubuntu better.

Paul White
[Ubuntu Bug Squad]

** Changed in: chromium-browser (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.

  Chromiun freezes computer - requires hard power-off

Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu:

  I have an intermittent but frequent problem (several times a day)
  where my system locks up while using Chromium-browser. Seems to be
  most often associated with flash video but not always (unless there is
  some flash video playing automatically in a tab I have open somewhere
  that I don't know about). In some cases, audio will continue, but
  everything else stops. I can move my mouse, but mouse events trigger
  no action. My keyboard is ignored. I can't switch to another app or
  even switch to a non-gui console (ctrl-alt-fn). Even my system monitor
  application indicator freezes. The only solution seems to be hard
  power down. I am running Ubuntu 11.10 up to date with all patches.

  Package: chromium-browser 17.0.963.83~r127885-0ubuntu0.11.10.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.0.0-17.30-generic-pae 3.0.22
  Uname: Linux 3.0.0-17-generic-pae i686
  ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu4
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Sun Apr  1 10:43:28 2012
  Desktop-Session:
   DESKTOP_SESSION = ubuntu
   XDG_CONFIG_DIRS = /etc/xdg/xdg-ubuntu:/etc/xdg
   XDG_DATA_DIRS =
/usr/share/ubuntu:/usr/share/gnome:/usr/local/share/:/usr/share/
  Env:
   MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH = None
   LD_LIBRARY_PATH = None
  InstallationMedia: