Excuse my ignorance but not only am I new to Ubuntu I'm also new to
launchpad.

I"m experiencing this same bug and wanted to contribute to this issue if
it helps.  I wouldn't know what to post, so your recommendations is
appreciated.

Regards,

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-screenshot in Ubuntu.

  Ubuntu 18.04: PrtSc doesn't trigger gnome-screenshot window

Status in gnome-screenshot package in Ubuntu:

  Ubuntu 18.04
  gnome-screenshot v 3.25.0-0ubuntu2 (amd64)

  Using the PrtSc button, alone or in combination with shift, alt or
  ctrl, doesn't trigger the gnome-screenshot window that asks to save
  the image.

  The screen blinks (so the button is intercepted) but no window is
  triggered.