We are sorry that we do not always have the capacity to review all
reported bugs in a timely manner. You reported this bug some time ago
and there have been many changes in Ubuntu and Firefox since that time.

Do you still see a problem related to the one that you reported using
currently supported versions of Firefox and Ubuntu? Please let us know
if you do otherwise this report can be left to expire in approximately
60 days time.

Thank you for helping make Ubuntu better.

Paul White
[Ubuntu Bug Squad]

** Changed in: firefox (Ubuntu)

  Proxy settings don't work with firefox

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  When setting up to use a proxy server in the network settings dialog, firefox
is unable to connect anymore: Stays in "connecting ..." / spinning loading
indicator but nothing happens.
  Entering the proxy settings in firefox directly works, while setting it to
"Use system settings" will cause the mentioned effect.

  Package: gnome-control-center 1:3.2.1-0ubuntu1
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu3
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Tue Oct 25 10:41:17 2011
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick Meerkat" - Release amd64 (20101007)
  ProcEnviron:
   PATH=(custom, user)
   LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: gnome-control-center
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to oneiric on 2011-10-20 (4 days ago)
  usr_lib_gnome-control-center:
   deja-dup           20.0-0ubuntu3
   gnome-bluetooth    3.2.0-0ubuntu2
   indicator-datetime 0.3.1-0ubuntu1