We are sorry that we do not always have the capacity to review all
reported bugs in a timely manner. You reported this bug some time ago
and there have been many changes in Ubuntu and Firefox since that time.

Ubuntu 11.04 (natty) reached end-of-life on October 28, 2012.

Do you still see a problem related to the one that you reported using
currently supported versions of Firefox and Ubuntu? Please let us know
if you do and in which version of Ubuntu otherwise this report can be
left to expire in approximately 60 days time.

Thank you for helping make Ubuntu better.

Paul White
[Ubuntu Bug Squad]

** Changed in: firefox (Ubuntu)

  "save as"-weirdness when overwriting unix-style hidden files

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  When using the saveas-dialog to download and overwrite my existing
".signature"-file (~/.thunderbird/uq6h88eb.default/Mail/.signature) the
following weirdness happens:
  - firefox asks me if I really want to overwrite the existing file -- as
expected
  - I answer OK/YES
  - firefox deletes the existing file -- as could be expected
  - firefox saves the downloaded file under a new name (without the leading dot)

  Package: firefox 5.0+build1+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.11.04.2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.38-10.46-generic 2.6.38.7
  Uname: Linux 2.6.38-10-generic i686
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Mon Aug 15 13:55:50 2011
  FirefoxPackages:
   firefox 5.0+build1+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.11.04.2
   flashplugin-installer 10.3.183.4ubuntu0.11.04.1
   adobe-flashplugin 10.0.32.18-1
   icedtea-plugin 1.1.1-0ubuntu1~11.04.1
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=de_DE:en
   PATH=(custom, user)
   LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: firefox
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to natty on 2011-06-08 (68 days ago)