We are sorry that we do not always have the capacity to review all
reported bugs in a timely manner. You reported this bug some time ago
and there have been many changes in Ubuntu and Firefox since that time.

Ubuntu 11.04 (natty) reached end-of-life on October 28, 2012.

Do you still see a problem related to the one that you reported using
currently supported versions of Firefox and Ubuntu? Please let us know
if you do and in which version of Ubuntu otherwise this report can be
left to expire in approximately 60 days time.

Thank you for helping make Ubuntu better.

Paul White
[Ubuntu Bug Squad]

** Changed in: firefox (Ubuntu)

  no global menu for reopened session with many windows

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  steps to reproduce:
  1. enabled firefox session manager (should be default)
  2. preferably have bartab extention in old firefoxes or
browser.sessionstore.max_concurrent_tabs set to 0 in newer ones to not reopen
inactive tabs for resource usage to not crawl with many windows with many tabs
(in my case 20-30 windows with 6-12 tabs each)
  2. open lot of firefox windows with many tabs for each with something loaded
in them
  3. close browser selecting quit
  4. relaunch it
  5. none of restored browser windows have global menu, except 'new window'
opened ones
  6. if browser was crashed and on reopening has single window with user query
on further action about restoring session, then all restored windows have
global menu as intended.

  Would love to see firefox globalmenu working as intended even for such
  bad cases as my browsing habits without having to kill browser for
  session restore window on reopen.

  Package: firefox-globalmenu 6.0.2+build2+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.11.04.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.38-11.48-generic 2.6.38.8
  Date: Fri Sep 16 23:56:25 2011
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" - Release amd64 (20110427.1)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_US:en
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8