fossfreedom,

Thanks. That's going to get confusing if we use this bug for budgie SRUs
to multiple releases, when this bug is meant to be about mutter on
bionic only. Could you please open (or pick an existing) bug in
launchpad for the budgie fix?

  SRU 3.28 latest git to bionic

Status in budgie-desktop package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in mutter package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in budgie-desktop source package in Bionic:
  New
Status in gnome-shell source package in Bionic:
  Fix Committed
Status in mutter source package in Bionic:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  [ Description ]

  3.28 gnome git branch has various upstream approved fixes for many
  months now, but no release has been done yet, thus we're releasing a
  git snapshot of the latest approved fixes.

  [ QA ]

  Run Ubuntu session, expect the shell to work normally with various
  setups

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates/GNOME

  [ Regresison potential ]

  Many patches we were including already have been included in upstream
  git now, various optimizations to clutter actors could cause drawing
  issues.