With all due respect, but it's exactly about session restore being
unable to restore what ever the session consists from.

This includes both: restoring the windows on their original desktops and
restore the original tabs in those windows.

The latest FF incarnations (69.*, 70.*) show both variants of this
issue: not restoring the window geometry correctly (including desktop)
and not restoring the correct tabs in those windows. 68 got it right for
a short time, but then the FF gods chimed in and made it act as usual.

Reproducing this is a matter of:
 * install a decent Linux DE (I'm using openSUSE Tumbleweed with Plasma DE)
 * open a few dolphin, kate and firefox windows
 * log out and log in
 * the dolphin and kate windows restore just fine, even FF might do for a while
 * repeat the latter two steps

Over time, you will notice the behavior, we're observing since 13 years
now. I can imagine, that it's not easy to get right for all different
setups. And the changes in behavior clearly show, that some folks are
messing on this, but they never showed up here. Why would adding yet
another bug report change anything? It's pretty obvious, that nobody,
who is in charge if this mess, really cares.

 And now, with the dawn of wayland getting more and more into production
ready state, things won't get any easier, I'm afraid.

  Firefox windows don't restore on correct workspaces

Status in Mozilla Firefox:
  Confirmed
Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: firefox

  Create two workspaces
  Open one firefox window on the first workspace, second on the second one.
  Quit (or crash) firefox, specifying "Yes, remember my windows"

  Expected behavior: second window shows up on second workspace
  Actual behavior: Both windows appear on the current workspace