** Summary changed:

- gnome mouse (trackpad &trackpoint) and keyboard freezes
+ gnome mouse (trackpad &trackpoint) and keyboard freezes [JS ERROR: Exception
in callback for signal: StatusChanged: Error: value is out of range for
Argument 'interval' (type guint32)]

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

  gnome mouse (trackpad &trackpoint) and keyboard freezes [JS ERROR:
  Exception in callback for signal: StatusChanged: Error: value is out
  of range for Argument 'interval' (type guint32)]

  My Thinkpad ist working since years without this problem. Since last
  Friday, after a reboot, I got mouse and keyboard freezed. I reboot
  multiple time to analyse the problem. Google as a friend shows me that
  some problems are reported and I learned a lot but no solution for me.

  I find out that the problem occurs after 3 to 10 minutes of mouse and
keyboard inactivity the mouse and keyboard freezes. If I always working with
the mouse or the keyboard no freeze, still for hours. The problem is still
reproducible by mouse and keyboard inactivity. This I figured out:
  - Strg+Alt+Del helps but all work are lost
  - klicking application (multiple points) entering some character an klicking
application again helps some time
  - closing the lid and opening it after about 30 seconds helps, but requires
password.

  I changed in /etc/gdm3/custom.conf #Enable=true to Enable=true and
  reboot. Login and wait till freeze, wait, close lid, and open lid.

  I run journalctl -b >aalog.txt (I have it attached) and analysed it. I found
that every freeze time there is an error:
  Mär 22 15:19:41 BN591 gnome-shell[2978]: JS ERROR: Exception in callback for
signal: StatusChanged: Error: value is out of range for Argument 'interval'
(type guint32)

timeout_source@resource:///org/gnome/gjs/modules/mainloop.js:65:13

  Result of uname -a
  Linux BN591 5.0.0-37-generic #40~18.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Thu Nov 14 12:06:39 UTC
2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

  Result of gnome-shell --version
  GNOME Shell 3.28.4

  apt-cache policy gnome* is in the attached file

  Any thing else I can deliver to solve the problem

  Thanks and regards Rainer

  Package: gnome-shell 3.28.4-0ubuntu18.04.3
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.0.0-37.40~18.04.1-generic 5.0.21
  Uname: Linux 5.0.0-37-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zavl icp zcommon znvpair
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.11
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME