I have managed to reproduce the problem, I'm attaching a test script
that attempts to download a file to a location that's not permitted by
snapd's strict confinement.

What happens is that the chromium snap is strictly confined, so it can't
write files anywhere on the filesystem. In my test I'm setting the
downloadPath to $HOME/.local, and the resulting apparmor denial is:

  juin 12 16:35:24 bribon audit[35815]: AVC apparmor="DENIED"
operation="mknod" profile="snap.chromium.chromedriver"
name="/home/osomon/.local/linux-5.7.2.tar.xz.crdownload" pid=35815
comm="ThreadPoolForeg" requested_mask="c" denied_mask="c" fsuid=1000
ouid=1000

I'm afraid you will need to update your tests to download files
somewhere they can be written (anywhere in your home directory that's
not a hidden folder, or under /media or /mnt, for example).

** Attachment added: "download-test.py"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/chromium-browser/+bug/1881040/+attachment/5383275/+files/download-test.py

** Changed in: chromium-browser (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.

  [snap] chromedriver does not download where configured

Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I've recently been forced to upgrade to the SNAP based chromium setup.
  After being required to work through reconfiguring my $HOME, learn of
  the need to set up $XAUTHORITY I just now discovered that none of my
  Selenium based download tests work because the SNAP setup insists on
  downloading to:

  /home/xxx/snap/chromium/1165/Downloads

  rather than where the chromederiver download settings have been
  configured. Is there a way to override this?