Hi Christopher, we're already in contact with some people at
LibreOffice. The problem with the locale is that LibreOffice (so did
OpenOffice.org) doesn't support the BCP-47 standard. This means that
there is no way the can implement @ modifications (at this moment).

It seems that this is somewhat tricky and no one is going to take care
of it right now. I guess that once they implement it, Debian developers
will add it to the translation package.

I expected Ubuntu just to add this package even though the locale is
wrong. The thing is that Ubuntu already implements the ca@valencia
locale, but this doesn't include the LibreOffice ca-XV package (for
reasons above). This means that the Catalan (Valencian) ubuntu isos that
we're creating cannot install the ca-XV package directly, and we have to
delete LibreOffice and install it again from the version from
libreoffice.org (that means that then this package won't be upgraded).

But things have to be done in the right way. I completely understand
that.

Thanks for your help and time!!

  Missing language on LibreOffice -Catalan (Valencian)-

Status in LibreOffice Productivity Suite:
  Incomplete
Status in Ubuntu Translations:
  Won't Fix
Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix
Status in “libreoffice-l10n” package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: libreoffice

  I'm the main responsible for the Catalan (Valencian) translation of
  the LibreOffice suite. This language is using at this moment the code
  ca-xv, but it's missing on the Ubuntu Natty packages, even though it
  can be downloaded from the official LibO website.

  Could you please add this language to the Ubuntu Natty packages?

  Thanks