Please run the following command to gather the audio logs (I think Mint has
apport):
apport-collect 1898603

** Package changed: ubuntu => alsa-driver (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: alsa-driver (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  Kernel Ubuntu 5.4.0-48.52-generic sound broken - headphones detected
  as output, not speakers

Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu:

  Starting in Kernel 5.4.0-48-generic on Mint Linux 20 Cinnamon my sound
  output is detected as "headphones" instead of Speakers when this
  laptop doesn't even have any headphones connected at all... reverting
  to a prior kernel fixes the problem and then the output is correctly
  Speakers... I cannot possibly use sound on Kernel 5.4.0-48-generic and
  the Mint Linux support chat said I should file a bug for this because
  this kernel broke something.

  See attached detailed log reports for more info...

  Thanks team!!!

  Best Regards,

  -Avery Tarasov