Could you share you journalctl -b 0 log after triggering the issue?

Today is holiday in Spain (Is a work equipment). Tomorrow i'll share the
log (i hope, because i have install thunderbird manually). I'll try it
tomorrow.

was it working with the snap before we removed the removable-media
interface?

Yes. All was ok.

what type of device is used and how is it mounted?

A partition in another hard drive. I have an ssd with ubuntu and w10 and
another hard drive with two partitions in ntfs (data and backup).

The data partition was configurated by disk app of ubuntu. Mount at
start up the sistem. Tomorrow send more tecnical information.

Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird in Ubuntu.

  thunderbird 78.4.1 snap connection missing

Status in thunderbird package in Ubuntu:

  Release:      20.04
  thunderbird 74.8.1 - channel lastest/stable
  I try to connect to an exist profile in a ntfs partition.
  But the "Read/write files on removable storage device option" is missing in
permissions.
  I can't launch thunderbird with a profile located in a mnt (ntfs partition)
device.

  Thunderbird does not have auto-connect of removable-media, and i can't
  connect it manually with:

  snap connect thunderbird:removable-media