Public bug reported:

Steps to reproduce:

I installed Firefox Flatpak
(https://flathub.org/apps/details/org.mozilla.firefox) and Chrome.

I executed closed all apps and processes and one by one I executed
Speedometer test (https://browserbench.org/Speedometer2.0/) in each
browser 3 times. I took the max score for reach browser out of the 3
executions of the test.

Actual results:

Results
100.3 - Firefox Flatpak
85.42 - FIrefox DEB (pre-installd from the store)
100.3 - Google Chrome

The preinstalled DEB package Firefox was slower than both Firefox
Flatpak and Chrome

Expected results:

I expected Firefox DEB and Firefox Flatpak to have the same results.

** Affects: firefox (Ubuntu)

  Ubuntu Firefox is 15% slower than Flatpak Firefox for speedometer
  benchmark

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu: