I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking time out of
what I'm sure is a very busy schedule to educate poor little me, who is
so ignorant that I've only been working on open source and commercial
software for over 30 years and using Linux since the early days of
Slackware and at one point had submitted more Linux bug reports to Red
Hat than literally any other account in bugzilla, about what a "show-
stopper" bug is. Truly, I am enlightened.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons in
Ubuntu.

  Can no longer drag and drop files between desktop and applications

Status in gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons:
  New
Status in gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons package in Ubuntu:

  In releases before 19.04, you could drag and drop files from the
  desktop into applications.

  This no longer works.

  Package: gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons 19.01-1
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Sat Jan 26 21:47:14 2019
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.10 "Cosmic Cuttlefish" - Release amd64
(20181017.3)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  SourcePackage: gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to disco on 2019-01-21 (5 days ago)