[Expired for gnome-control-center (Ubuntu) because there has been no
activity for 60 days.]

** Changed in: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)

  Using gnome-control-center to configure two wired connections is
  unreliable

Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  I'd like to configure two wired connections: One to the outside world
  via DHCP, the other shared to other computers.

  When attempting this, unpredictable behavior happens: the two wired
  connections are conflated with each other.

  Doing this with a wired connection and wireless works without
  problemms.

  Ubuntu desktop 20.04 LTS.

  I was able to get it to work after playing with netplan for a while
  and getting it almost right,giving up on that, deleting all network
  interfaces, and starting over.

  Configuration:

  Dell G7 laptop (one ethernet connector) is configured as IPv4 "shared to
other computers" (A private network), IPv6 disabled.
  J5create USB 3.0 to gigabit adapter is configured as IPv4 Automatic (DHCP),
IPv6 disabled.

  This didn't work initially -- clicking on the wired connector would
  sometimes bring up the USB adapter and vice versa.  The approach that
  did work was to delete all networking and reenter from scratch.